Saturday, November 19, 2011

Finding My Way In...

As I wrote at the profile of my twitter account, "Home is wherever the heart is," these words are, perhaps, echoed by those who feel a deep affinity for anything that's related to finding one's own abode online where their uniqueness is celebrated, and one's creativity is not hampered by set standards.

That's what I felt when I wormed my way in at a particular online group. At first, I was kinda hesitant to join them. My initial feeling of reluctance was born from dreadful instances in the past where some people I've met  on the Internet were quick to shoo me off with an unkind word or two. 

So, I tested the waters to check if everything was OK before I submerge myself deeper. 



That's why it took awhile before I decided to leave a message at the SKD thread at Triond that I've been following for quite some time. 

Thankfully, they warmly welcomed me as if I was a long-lost friend. 

That happened a long time ago. But I still remember how it felt: It was a euphoric feeling of being home, of finding like-minded individuals from different locations who share my love for the written word.

Ah, The Filipino Diaspora! They have become more than online writer friends to me. They have become my extended family on the web. 

It's really good to find my way home... in the fast-paced world of bits and bytes, and gigabytes. :)






* * *
If you really, really like this post, and would like to know more about our TFD group, feel free to check out what our group is talking about at The Filipino Diaspora Forum

11 comments:

Marie said...

aww! Its a pleasure to have you in the family Ate!

his is so sweet! ♥

SittieCates said...

Hello, MC! :) Thanks for visiting. I shall always cherish that day when I was warmly welcomed by the TFD family.

papaleng said...

kaka-touch naman.LOL

Unknown said...

ano meron? bakit ang iingay niyo?..
makikigulo lang ha..matsala!! :)

SittieCates said...

papaleng: Kulang pa un. :) Mere words cannot encapsulate how I really love The Filipino Diaspora group. And I am proud to be a member of this online family of writers.

SittieCates said...

@Christ4Thailand: LOL! Hello there, Nes. Ganda ng pasok mo a. LOL! :) Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Great job Sittie! Nice blog, really big!

Anonymous said...

actually, isa lang ako sa mga taga gulo doon....lol
yezha

SittieCates said...

@FX: Hi there, FX! Thanks for the visit. And thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it.

@Yezha: Taga gulo? Baka si Nes un. LOL! Yez, I have a Q: Bakit "anonymous" ka dito? :)

@To all TFDers: I just added the TFD forum at a new page. I've been wanting to do that before but I've been totally swamped with work and stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring my video Sittie. TFD welcomed me warmly as well and I am proud to be a friend of this amazing group. -- The Bling

SittieCates said...

@The Bling: You're welcome, Bling. I know. I saw that. I was already with the group for quite some time when you joined. However, I haven't been posting so much at the SKD forum. I was on a reading mode then when you came. :) And it took a long time for me, too, to finally sign-up at the TFD blog because, as most of the members are aware of, I get sorta muddleheaded when it comes to technical stuff. Hehehe... :)

Creative Commons License
The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith by SittieCates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.