Monday, June 20, 2011

Three Wonderful Quotes on Survival that I Found

Life seems to be filled with "down" sides JUST when you needed so much to feel the "up" side of things. Good thing there are lots of quotes that can help ease worries and lighten one's troubles.

Quotes such as this one that I found on the net:

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.” ~ Bill Cosby (American Actor, Comedian and Producer)

Yup, humor is wonderful. But sometimes it is just too painful to let the corners of your lips form into a smile. I know. I know this well. But, I also learned that once you try to smile (during the height of those painful moments), smiling and feeling good comes naturally. 

Another one that is worthy of one's attention and time is this:

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” ~ Charles Darwin (English Naturalist and Author of the theory of evolution by natural selection 1809-1882)

I'm not usually impressed by how strong a person is just by looking at him or her. Physical strength is all right. Intellectual strength is also OK. But, for me, that's NOT the ultimate criteria for gauging one's strength.

I can only be truly impressed when a person can sail through his or her troubles with his or her senses and sensibilities still intact - a clear proof that they have impressive strength within themselves. That's totally admirable! I would gladly take my hats off to that person. No second thoughts about it.

Besides, I believe that it's the inner strength of a person that can be the ONLY thing that will last a lifetime if that person would choose to hold on to it. 

Why am I saying this?

Because that's what I'm trying to hold on to at this very moment. :)

Link Credit

Here's another beautiful quote that is included among my favorites:

"Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it." ~ Eliza Tabor

Thanks to this quote I feel strengthened. Thanks to people who share these types of quotes, I am reufeled and ready to go on again.

That's my two cents for now. Hello to everyone!

SittieCates

6 comments:

papaleng said...

Those are great quotes to lived by. I believe na kaya ako tinawag na Survivor, because I have inner strength and outer defense mechanism I call Humor. Hope through our communications I have in a little way relieve you with some of your burden. One can't carry the World in his shoulder, but at least he can put the world in his cup. Ay ano na naman bang payo itong nabitiwan ko..

SittieCates said...

Thanks, papaleng. As a friend, yes, you were always quick to lighten a situation with humor, and you do take the time to listen. Thank you!

real lady said...

hello sis. Lovely quotes naman talaga. And don't also forget to hold on to God's wisdom in order to move on with our lives kahit madaming nkakatisod sa paligid natin.

SittieCates said...

Hello, sis. It's been awhile since I've heard from you. Thanks for dropping by at my blog. Yes, I agree, God's wisdom is best. That can be our greatest guidance.

Jondmur said...

nice post ^^ buti nakita ko tong blog mo... keep on posting...

SittieCates said...

JonDmur: Thanks for dropping by. Hope you 'liked' this blog at facebook so you can be updated when I upload new posts. Thanks! ;-)

Creative Commons License
The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith by SittieCates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.