Saturday, September 25, 2010

SOUL MATES: MY IDEA ON THAT ONE GREAT LOVE – IS IT POSSIBLE?

Photo by: Adam Kazmierski Link Credit


As I struggled to juggle ideas in my mind – amidst head-splitting migraines and lower back pains brought about by that time of month – I came across this essay about soul mates in a drawer, with my other files, while I rummaged through my things in search for that perfect pill that would help quell my pains, and prevent me from throwing up in the next few minutes.

I thumbed through the loosely-fastened pages – held together by the ever reliable paper clip. Hopefully, reading this piece would get my mind off the pains I was having at the moment.

With my head still throbbing painfully, I struggled to read the piece. It was pretty obvious that the author wasn't really so taken with the term.

I returned the article after a few minutes, and leaned back at my chair to relax and will away my pain. But instead of meditating that I was already pain-free, I found myself pondering on what I've just read.

Soul mates - such an endearing term to those who patiently wait to feel the magic of love slowly unfold in their lives.

What really got me envisaging the notion of this over romanticized term is the fact that I was - at countless times in the past - rather confused about its veracity.

I remember those days... 

I was giddy with the fresh notion of falling in love with that perfect someone. Each guy who would be in a romantic relationship with me was viewed as THE ONE. Kinda pathetic, huh?

Anyway, nothing seemed to last forever.

That got me thinking that, perhaps, there is no such thing as a twin soul.

Just when I was ready to give up, I got to meet my twin mate, which saved me from the possible embarrassing scenario of being teased by friends about never ever finding this perfect soul who was destined to be part of my life.

The weird thing was I didn't meet only one perfect mate. There was a handful of these twin flames who came my way! Imagine my surprise.

It really got me more confused than ever - albeit, greatly amused as well.

Meeting these people was a great eye-opener for me. As I've realized through the years, soul mates can actually be friends, family, and even mere acquaintances. There are also some who would be romantically-attached to you as a boyfriend, a lover, or a husband - which, I have to admit with shame, was what I initially thought was the be-all and end-all of what a twin soul was supposed to be.

What did I do when I met these diverse characters?

First, I was thankful they didn't actually come in throngs in just a single day. That would totally drive me ballistic!

Second, I felt I just needed to enjoy and treasure the times shared with these kindred souls who were allowed to come and stay, or come and go in my life. So, that's what I did.

Still, I'm patiently waiting for my real partner, my one great love to whom I would happily say, "I do" in marriage - who, I might add, may or may not be considered to be as one of my twin mates. Who knows? Yes, up to now, there are still moments when I get confused all over again about that term anyway.

One thing's for sure, though: Soul mates are for real. But don't just limit yourself to thinking that there would only be ONE because you might find yourself meeting a handful of these wonderful souls in your life as what continues to happen to me.

Now, where is that pill?

2 comments:

Brewed Coffee said...

Hahahah it would really be crazy if they come in throngs....well if you do find THE ONE, don't let go lol!

SittieCates said...

@Brewed Coffee: Yeah, don't let go. However, the problem is, Brewed, what if you're not sure if that is THE ONE? :)

Creative Commons License
The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith by SittieCates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.