Sunday, August 5, 2012

When You Love Books, You Really, Really LOVE Books!

Books to be returned...


If there’s someone who’s a shopaholic, another’s a chocoholic, and they all formed a small group, I’m sure that I would be so happy to join that groupaholics (OK, I just came up with that term. J). Why? Because I would like to have the opportunity to tell the whole world (or whoever would be listening at that time) that I’m proud to be a self-confessed book-a-holic, or, in simpler (and more appropriate) terms, a bookworm.

You can probably say that developing a taste for books is often acquired. Yes, that is correct. I guess I developed mine during the early infant days when I discovered the joys of chewing on the pages of a book when there was nothing else around to put inside my mouth. LOL! Perhaps, you can say, I was indeed a hungry bookworm in the making - devouring book after book after book and leaving no traces of them all. No pieces for the adults to sweep away. LOL! Nah, I didn’t do that. Well, I hope I didn’t. I have to confirm this information with my mom. LOL! Kidding aside, I guess it has something to do with the people you see or try to emulate when you were growing up.

I got my love for books from my Dad and my eldest sister. But the titles they used to read were just too much for me. And, my gosh! Their books were just so thick and there were a lot of big words in its pages that I didn’t understand at that time since I was still a kid. (I remember that when I would ask about the meaning of a particular word, my eldest sister would just tell me to check the dictionary. And that’s how I learned how to love vocabulary, too. But that’s another story.) Besides, their books didn’t have pictures. As a child, I love books with pictures since these things carry most of the events of the story. That was until I turned my attention to novels of all types and had also discovered a whole new world that can be yours for the taking as soon as you immerse yourself in the expertly-crafted inspirational books.

Yesterday, I went to a book sale. And, of course, (You guessed it right!) I didn’t come out empty-handed. The book? Ah, I’ll tell you about that next time. ;-) For now, I need to check the last-minute editing and preparations for my upcoming book, Bookworm

2 comments:

papaleng said...

nice one. Cates.

SittieCates said...

Thanks, papaleng. Hope all's well with you. Heard that your area was also flooded. Sending prayers your way...

Creative Commons License
The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith by SittieCates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.