Thursday, March 29, 2012

Favorite Scenes in the Book and the 1995 Film Version of Pride and Prejudice

(1995 BBC Adaptation of Pride and Prejudice)

All right. I know HOW it feels. I am totally aware of such an EFFECT that it can produce.

What am I talking about? Pride and Prejudice.

Yup! You see, ever since I have read Jane Austen's, "Pride and Prejudice," I usually find myself now in a rather dazed fashion as if I am totally swept away by this euphoric sense of bliss and longing.

It's probably silly to some, I know. But, you know, while searching for pertinent information to include in what I have set myself up to write today, I notice that I was also searching for movie clips that could entirely capture the character of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. See! That's why I'm telling you I know the EFFECT of this story. lol!

Do excuse this temporary emotional insanity if you may refer to it as such. ;-)

You see, writers like me also get caught up in such situations that I pray would not lead me astray from what I've set out to do for the week. It's one thing to merely think about something that has caused this great and lasting effect on you, you know. But it's entirely a different thing to dwell on it and make it eat all the hours in a day - leaving you in a bind as you painfully realize that you haven't done much during the day as you have planned to do.

Anyway, going back to this subject that has now become such a favorite, I have found two clips - the 2005 version and this 1995 BBC version. I must say that the latter nearly carries the personalities of the book's characters really well. But I also like the 2005 version although it has some scenes that are entirely different from the book's descriptions.

I am truly grateful to those who took time in recording the clips.

Below are two of my favorite scenes that I have found on youtube for the 1995 version.

If you want to get a DVD copy, a good choice would be this version on Pride and Prejudice - The Special Edition (A&E Miniseries).Or, if you would like a copy of the book, you can get the Pride and Prejudice (Dover Thrift Editions). For a Kindle version, the best one to go for would be the Pride and prejudice Kindle book.

I'm beating some deadlines today so I'll leave you with these lovely scenes to enjoy. I'll probably join you in a while as soon as I'm done with today's tasks.

Enjoy! I'll see you next post! ;-)



No comments:

Creative Commons License
The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith by SittieCates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.