I simply say, "I'm busy with other things."
Lame, I know.
The urge to write was there. But, let's face it: Most writers have their own alibis.
Busy with other important activities? Too many social functions? A family to take care of? School?
Yeah, during those days, there always seemed to be SOMETHING... something that would come between me and writing.
But if you really, really, REALLY like something, you would do EVERYTHING to make time for that. That's a fact!
So let me show you when you can make time to write as I had come to discover:
(1) As soon as you wake up
(2) While waiting for a cab or bus
(3) While waiting for a person
(4) While waiting for a meeting/conference/seminar/symposium/show to take place
(5) Before sleeping
(6) In between (routine) activities
(7) While having your nails manicured/pedicured at a salon
(8) While having your haircut
(9) Many more
Yes, there will always be snippets of time available. The best tip for that? Use it wisely. :-)