Sunday, September 30, 2012

What Does “Being in Love” Mean to Me?

Copyright 2012. The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith-SittieCates


While I was playing with water… uh, I mean, while I was doing the laundry earlier, ;-) random images filled up my brain - making me smile and hum melodies that I’ve never heard on the radio. It was then when I realized… Gosh, I’m in love! J

Now, before you start saying, “OHMYGOSH! Who is this person that you’re in love with?” you may have to know a bit about me.

When I say I’m in love, it doesn’t necessarily mean that these mega high feelings of glee and bliss and whatnot always have to pertain to a certain person.

It can. I’m not ruling that out.

But, it isn’t always the case.

Here are the reasons why I’m in love:

One: People I knew before have recently reached out and stayed in touch.

Two: New people, new circumstances have wormed their way in my life - adding a great dose of happiness and fulfillment, and providing me with new and exciting challenges.

Three: OK. Perhaps, I’m in love.

With whom?  

With P, of course! ;-)

Yup! P for Peeta Mellark of The Hunger Games. Hehehe…

Gotcha there, didn’t I? lol!

But, yes, I like him. And I like Katniss Everdeen, too. ;-)

Anyway, love, for me, can be for a lot of things.

It may be of the past or of the present. It can be for something that you can see or something that you merely know about even if you can’t see what it’s meant for.

You just know that it’s for something truly special. Unforgettable. Timeless.

I feel it all the time.

It wakes me up and tucks me in at night. It often sends me smiling and humming new tunes. It acts like a security blanket - keeping me warm, comfortable and safe. It also makes me feel strengthened and inspired.

That’s love for me.

I really like this feeling of being in love.

What about you? Are you in love, too?

I’ll see you next post! ;-)

3 comments:

rose said...

I agree with you sis... Love isn't just about emotions you feel for someone...

If it is, then many would be loveless... haha.. lol...


Aileen said...

Well, we can be in love with life and the wonderful things it has to offer. I can even fall in love with a beautiful song and people would know it because I'd always play it on an unending loop hehehhe...

But we should never forget our first love...Him...

But it's also a wonderful feeling to fall in love with the same person over and over, right? :-)

SittieCates said...

@ImaVee: Yup, you're right, sis. Many would be loveless if that's the case. lol! ;-)

@Aileen: hehehe... Yeah, I do that, too - play a favorite song over and over. ;-) And, yes, sis, you're absolutely right. God has to come first before all things.

Creative Commons License
The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith by SittieCates is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.